Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services (DES) promote and assist the employment of people who have an illness, injury, disability and/or a medical health condition by:
- Assisting people with disability to find work in open employment situations
- Assisting employers to employ people with disability
- Supporting the ongoing employment of people with disability
One in five Australians of working age have a disability, but only 53% participate in the workforce compared with 81% for people without a disability.
Artius is a specialist Disability Employment Services provider which supports people with illness, injury, disability and/or a medical health condition who need the help of an employment service through integrated health, employment, community and training services.
As a Disability Employment Service provider we offer a range of services to support individual needs, including:
- Help to prepare for work, including training in specific life and work skills
- Job-search support, such as résumé Development, training in interview skills, and help in looking for suitable jobs
- Support when initially placed into a job, including on-the-job training and co-worker and employer support
- Ongoing support in a job if required
- The purchase of vocational training and other employment-related assistance
- Access to help with workplace modifications; support services; and Auslan interpreting in the workplace
Contact Us Today