Post Surgery Rehabilitation
Conservative Injury Management
Any person undergoing surgery is exposed to many risks, including infection, DVT and anesthetic related complications. We understand that many patients may benefit from conservative management to rehabilitate an injury before surgery needs to be seriously considered.
Artius is able to offer you:
- Evidence based and outcome driven rehabilitation and injury management services
- Gym and Pilates clinic
- Other complementary services, including dietetics and Psychology, to help manage other contributing lifestyle and social factors affecting your injury
PreHab (Pre-Surgical Rehabilitation)
We understand that conservative management is not an appropriate intervention for many conditions and injuries, and that surgical intervention is necessary.
In these cases, our Physiotherapists are able to offer you a range of pre-operative services aimed at ensuring you have the best preparation for and rehabilitation after surgery to ensure you have the best post operative result. We can provide you:
- “Pre-Hab” or Pre-Rehabilitation for surgery – ensuring you are in the best shape for surgery, including:
- Strengthening surrounding muscles to aid rehabilitation
- Crutches/aid training and balance exercises to enable early mobilization and function post operatively
- General body strengthening and breathing exercises
- Education about what to expect during and after surgery
- Preparation for the postoperative rehabilitation process, including in hospital exercises for complication minimisation
Post Surgical Rehabilitation
Artius Physiotherapists are experienced in the post surgical rehabilitation of many conditions and are up to date with the latest surgical techniques and rehabilitation protocols. All our clinicians have spent time viewing actual surgeries and communicate regularly with Orthopaedic and Neurosurgical Specialists.
We are especially experienced in the post-surgical rehabilitation of those that have undergone:
- Knee and Hip Replacement (full and partial)
- Arthroscopic repair of the knee, hip and shoulder
- ACL reconstruction
- Shoulder rotator cuff repair, reconstruction, stabilization and sub acromial decompression
- Ankle reconstruction and tendon repair surgeries
- Spinal surgery rehabilitation, including neck and low back exercise rehabilitation programs
We are able to offer you:
- In clinic or at home (additional fees may apply) rehabilitation services that focus on functional outcomes and encouraging safe self-management
- On-site gym with Pilates clinic for core strengthening and low impact joint stabilisation
- Evidence based rehabilitation services by ensuring that we follow any recommended rehabilitation protocols from your surgeon and ensuring regular contact with your surgeon
- Return to Work services, including workplace assessment, suitable duties planning and adjustment to injury counselling (where approved) to help you return to work in a safe, supported and timely manner after surgery
- A range of other supporting services, including Psychology and Dietetics
Take the next step
If you would like to organise an appointment with one of our experienced Physiotherapists to help you plan your pre and post-surgical rehabilitation, contact us today.